Monday, October 26, 2009

menu planning

in an effort to stay at home more often and keep the girls on an earlier bedtime schedule (in addition to many other reasons, one of which is to eat healthier) we are cooking at home more often. So, inspired by my friend Melanie I have decided to start doing a weekly meal plan. The plan is always subject to change if we make dinner plans or if something comes up, but at least with my menu planned out for the week I have an idea of what to shop for and wont be missing one key ingredient like I always am when I try to cook something last minute. Also, inspired by Melanie and my friend Heather I am going to try to cook one meatless meal a week so if you have any suggestions please send them my way!

So, for this week, here is my menu plan:

Monday-butternut squash risotto (recipe can be found on Melanie's recipe journal)
Tuesday-shepherds pie (just kind of mixing a few recipes I have found online with the ingredients that I have on hand)
Wednesday-fish (thanks to some friends who recently came back from a 5 day ocean fishing trip, we have a really excellent selection of fish on hand. anna even loves it so it's a double WIN!)
Thursday-leftovers or Johnny will pick something up on his way home
Friday-?

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

oh yay! so happy you are doing this!i made melanie's potato chowder today - it is delicious!!!! you should try it!i'm hoping to make her butternut squash risotto too!