Thursday, January 28, 2010

i resolve...

I resolve to be a better mama to my kids...
*to realize that they wont be little forever...
*to realize that the million times a day that Anna asks to dress up as Cinderella (Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Wonder Woman) wont happen forever and that it is pretty darn cute when she is all dressed up
*to realize that I need to slow down and remember more because it is now getting hard to remember things about Anna when she was as little as Rylee
*to not care where my kids clothes come from. hand me downs, target and old navy can be as cute as gymboree and gap. remember that it is the kid who makes the clothes not the clothes who make the kid
*to remember that although it is nice to go out, my girls would probably much rather be at home
*to remember not to get frustrated when Rylee cries at night whether it is one time or 12 because soon enough she wont do it anymore and that she only does it because she needs me
*to remember that family is so important and that I am lucky to have one to share my life with
*to remember that I am in charge of my girls' health
*to remember that just about 4 years ago (give or take) I didnt ever think that I would be a mama and now I am a mama of TWO and that these girls are my most cherished blessings
*to remember that I am so very lucky...no matter how loud my house is, no matter how often they cry, no matter how many temper tantrums are thrown in a day, no matter if a nap is short or skipped leading to grumpy girls...they are mine and I was given them for a reason
*they are my life, my whole world and I wouldnt be the same person without them...

5 comments:

jackman said...

Just beautiful Shelby!! Thanks for reminding me of all of these important things!! You are a wonderful mama and a wonderful friend!! Anna and Rylee are lucky little girls! Xoxo

mary said...

wow - you have given this some thought. You and Johnny are blessed but so are the girls to have been born to their mommy and daddy. love mom

Jaimie said...

Beautifully said Shelby! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Jen said...

That was beautiful!

Heather M. said...

this is beautiful, shelby. i need to remember all those things too.