Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ive been thinking...

after my post the week before last about what things I wish for my girls as they grow up and grow in to their own people, I started thinking about the people and things that are important, and I came to one conclusion....

It doesnt matter if I have things
It doesnt matter if I have a ton of friends

I know who my friends are and I know who the people are that love me and think that I am special. I always want people closest to me to know that I feel that they are extra especially special and I hope that I convey that.

What matters is that my family and I are happy, and we are. We have two beautiful girls, I have a husband that loves me and my girls have a daddy that definitely loves them. I am so very lucky to be mama to my girls and I know that being their mama is the most important task I will ever be given. I love them. I am thankful for my husband who works so hard and loves me no matter what.

We have parents who are always there for us and who always want to be with us and our girls and who love us no matter what.

That's what matters and when I get confused or forget these things and start to worry about the things that dont matter I can now come back and read this post :)

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Some days it's easy to lose sight of the important things. Thank you for this reminder. I needed to hear it too. You are such an awesome woman, Shelby. Love you!

jackman said...

Beauty and truth...your wonderful!!!