I have been a fan of scrapbooker Ali Edwards for many (many, many) years and yet have never participated in her one little word (check it out, it's pretty inspiring) challenge. I am not sure why though. Maybe I never quite knew the word that would work for me, maybe at the time it just didnt feel right?? I dont know.
This year though, I am doing it. My one little word just came to me so easily, without much thought and yet it all seems so very easy.
My word for 2011 is: Good
I want to be good in so many ways:
I want to be a good mama
I want to be a good wife
I want to be a good daughter
I want to be a good friend
I want to be a good memory keeper
and there are so many things left to list.
The reason my word came to me so easily this time around is because "good" is something I have been working towards for a while. I have been trying to be a good friend, by telling those who are special to me how much they mean to me and my life. I have been trying to be good about letting my girls and my husband know how much they mean to me. I have been trying to let the rest of my family know that they are appreciated. So many things that I wasnt so "good" at before and now I am making a conscious effort to be "good" in so many more ways. Not just good enough, but great, but I think that good is a feeling more so than just a word. Good is a word that makes my heart feel peaceful, like if I am good then good will come.
That's what it means to me and I am going to do my best to live by it this year :)
2 comments:
awesome word, shelby! i love that you shared it with us. and i think you are more than just a good friend, you are a great friend to me. :)
i am just hoping to be nice this year, ha!
Post a Comment